This corporation is organized as a private, non-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Louisiana for the purpose of promoting unity and efficiency among the directors and uniformity of methods and practices of enforcing laws pertaining' to animal control programs and for the purpose of promoting uniform laws pertaining to animal control programs, to improve the image of animal control functions, provide educational opportunities and to assist and to appear before legislative bodies for the purpose of giving professional opinions regarding existing and proposed legislation pertaining to animal control functions.
ARTICLE I - PRINCIPLE OFFICE:
- Principle Office: The principle office for the transaction of business of this corporation shall be in the City of the current President. The location of the principle office may be changed by amendment to these By-Laws.
ARTICLE II - MEMBERSHIP:
- Classes of Membership: There will be two (2) classes of membership: regular members and honorary members.
- Eligibility of and Admission to Regular Membership: All employees of governmental Animal Control Agencies and Humane Societies under contract with one or more governmental agencies to provides animal control field service which includes the enforcement of local animal regulations, shall be eligible for regular membership in this organization and shall have full voting rights in this corporation, provided their annual dues have been paid as provided by these By-Laws.
- Eligibility for and Admission to Honorary Membership: Honorary members shall be all persons who have made an outstanding contribution to the animal control field. Honorary members shall be nominated by a regular member of this corporation and approved by the Board Members. Honorary members shall pay no fees and shall have no power to vote in any election in this corporation.
- Dues: Membership dues for regular members, shall be set by the Board Members each year. Dues for the full fiscal year,( August- July) shall be payable regardless of when a member is admitted to membership of this corporation.
- Termination of Membership: The Board Members, in this discretion, may terminate membership of any individual for non-payment of dues. However, such members so terminated shall be reinstated with full privileges upon the payment of all dues that are in arrears.
- Meeting of Members:
- There shall be an annual meeting of members to be held each year at a location to be designated by the Board Members. Written notice of this meeting shall be given as provided by these By-Laws.
- Special meetings may be called by the Board Members upon petition of any five (5) members, which petition shall be presented to the Secretary of said organization.
- Notice of Meetings: Notice of each annual or any special meeting shall be posted 30 days prior to the meeting. Meetings will be posted to web site.
- Quorum: The presence, in person, of a majority of members entitled to vote shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at any annual or special meeting.
- Voting- Each regular member in good standing shall be entitled to one (1) vote per member. There shall be no voting by proxy or by mail. Members shall not have the right to cumulate votes.
ARTICLE III - BOARD MEMBERS:
- Number and Composition: The authorized number of Board Members of this corporation are eight (8). The Board Members shall consist of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and four (4) other Members. All Board Members must have completed L.A.C.A., be a member in good standing and be able to attend the meetings. Members who are employed by Humane Societies may be a Board Member, but may not be an officer on the board.
- Term of Office: The term of office for Board Members shall be two (2) years.
- Vacancies: A vacancy in office shall be filled by the Board Members by a majority vote of the remaining Board Members.
- Power and Duties: Subject to the applicable provisions of law and the Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws of this corporation, the Board Members shall manage the affairs and shall conduct the business of this corporation. Unless otherwise specifically provided in the Articles of Incorporation or By-Laws, decision of the Board Members shall be by majority vote of the authorized number of Members.
- Meetings: The annual meeting of the Board Members shall be held on the same date and at the same time and place as herein specified for the annual meeting of members. Regular meetings of the Board Members shall be called and shall be held as determined by the Board Members. Special meetings of the Board Members may be called by the President or by any two (2) Board Members.
- Quorum: The presence in person of a majority of the authorized number of Board Members shall be necessary to constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at any meeting of the Board Members on any matter.
- Proxy Vote: There shall be no voting by proxy.
- Waiver of Notice: Any action taken at any meeting of the Board Members shall not be affected by any defect in the calling or giving of notice of that meeting if a quorum was present and if before or after that meeting each director not present at the meeting signs a written waiver of notice of that meeting, a written consent to the holding of that meeting, or a written approval of the minutes of that meeting.
ARTICLE IV - OFFICERS:
- Number and Titles: The officers of this corporation shall be a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary and a Treasurer.
- Term of Office and Election: The term of office of each officer shall be two (2) year. Officers shall be elected by the Board Members.
- President: The President shall preside at the meeting of members and the Board Members and shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board Members or by these By-Laws.
- Vice-President: In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall preside at the meeting of the members and shall perform all of the duties as may be prescribed by the Board Members or by these By-Laws.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall give all the required notices of meeting of members or of the Board and shall record and shall preserve the minutes of each meeting. The Secretary shall keep a roster of membership showing the name and address of each regular member entitled to vote on any matter and each honorary member of this corporation. The Secretary shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board Members or by these By-Laws.
- The Treasurer shall collect all membership dues and shall keep a correct amount of all receipts and disbursements and shall furnish a financial report to the Board Members at the annual meeting of the Board Members. The Treasurer shall maintain a checking account and shall make all disbursements by check from said account by the Treasurer own signature. The Treasurer may maintain a savings account and may make disbursements there from.
- Vice-President: The Vice-President shall preside at all chapter meetings and shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the President or the Board Members.
- Vacancies: Vacancies in the office shall be filled by the Board Members by a majority vote by the remaining Board Members.
ARTICLE V - PERSONAL LIABILITY & PROPERTY INTEREST:
- Liability of Members, Board Members, and Officers: No member, Board Member, or officer of this corporation shall be personally liable for any indebtedness or liability of this corporation, and any and all creditors of this corporation shall look only to the assets of the corporation for payment.
- Property Interest Upon Termination of Membership: When any member shall cease to be a member of this corporation, any interest they shall have in and to the property, assets, rights, or privileges of this corporation shall cease and shall revert to this corporation. Such termination of membership shall operate as a release and assignment to this corporation of all rights, title, and interest of such member in and to the property, assets, and privileges of this corporation.
ARTICLE VI - AMENDMENTS:
- Amendments: By-Laws may be adopted, amended, or repealed by the Board Members or by the members of this corporation by a majority vote of the number of Board Members or members entitled to vote on such question. Amendments to the Articles of Incorporation may be approved by a two-thirds majority vote of all members attending the annual meeting.